The most common adult primary liver cancer is hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). This deadly disease is currently one of the fastest growing cancers in incidence in the US. It is the 5th most common cause of cancer in men and the 7th most common cause for cancer in women.
The current standard of care for patients with advanced forms of liver cancer is oral therapy with a multikinase inhibitor, Sorafenib. This drug is the only anti-liver cancer drug approved by FDA, it can improve median overall survival by approximately 3 months.
Our Product is a unique di-substituted aminothiazole which has been demonstrated to have high selective toxicity to HCC will little toxicity to non HCC liver cell lines. The product has been evaluated in human liver cells with convincing initial results.
- Primary Molecule identified that has potency, selectivity and solubility for HCC
- Various changes to functional groups evaluated to understand HCC sensitivity
- Lead candidate evaluated in HuH-7 with clear results as well as THLE-2 and PH5CH cell lines
- Lead candidate evaluated in ex vivo (N=16) HCC liver sections with positive results
- Pro-drug identified to enhance solubility/delivery
- Patent applied for
Human HCC liver cancer sections control and treated with impressive reduction(s)